March 2017 Meeting
We had a great turnout in Marched and welcomed a few new guests. Here is a rundown of what we covered:
- February’s event at Southern Star was a huge hit. Special thanks to Owner and Founder Dave Fougeron for a great tour and hosting us late into the evening.
- Barley Coherent had a good turnout at the AHA Rally at Saint Arnold’s in February. We enjoyed the opportunity to chat with some of the other Houston homebrew clubs and promote Barley Coherent to potential members.
- Barley Coherent will be joining the Cane Island Alers, The KGB, and other local homebrew clubs for a Brewery Crawl on 4/1/2017. Details will be out soon so stay tuned!
- Beginning in April we will be offering formal monthly beer judging to better give you feedback on your beers. Additional information will be posted on Facebook in the coming weeks.
- Paul Dietert shared his wealth of knowledge on submitting for competition including how to pack your beers for shipping and how beers are assessed and scored.
- Lastly we enjoyed several great homebrews including the Beer Styles of the Month for March, Blonde Ale and Fruit Beer
As Paul mentioned at the meeting, we are into competition season so get your beers in. Next month’s Beer Styles of the Month are Saison and Belgian IPA.